Geographic area served
Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Alaska (Alaska houses their inmates at Hudson Correctional Facility)
1. Inmates (prison and jail): men, women and teens
2. Nursing Homes and Assisted living: men and women
3. Families in crisis and high risk youth
Shekinah Christian Ministries (SCM) is a non-profit faith-based organization funding programs to recruit, approve, train and equip volunteers to reach largely unreachable people group with the love and hope of eternal life and transformation in Jesus Christ.
SCM was founded thirty-three years ago. Our executive director, Larry Haag, is known and respected throughout Colorado as a faithful advocate for prisoners ... and for Jesus Christ.positiob:
We target adult and teen inmates in Colorado and Wyoming prisons and jails as well as the elderly or disabled in nursing homes and assisted living.
Offering Offenders an Opportunity for Transformation
Our Mission Focus
To equip volunteers to share the hope of eternal life and transformation in Jesus Christ with the largely unreachable people group in prisons, jails, youth detention centers and nursing homes.
“For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me.” Matthew 25:35-36 NLT
How We Fulfill Our Mission
- - Ministering to the elderly and disabled in nursing homes and assisted living: worship services, Bible studies, companionship, crafts
- - Leading Bible studies, addiction recovery and mentoring at Longmont and Boulder treatment centers
- - Offering weekend worship services and weekday Bible studies for high risk youth in detention centers
- - Facilitating ministry to inmates in prisons and jails by offering worship services, weekend seminars, Bible classes, mentoring, Bibles, literature and snacks
- - Providing help to families in crisis and ex-offenders:
- - Obtaining legal documents: birth certificates, social security cards, state IDs
- - Providing back packs with a wallet and RTD tokens, hygiene products, a towel and socks, a hat and gloves, snacks and drinks, a Bible and an inspirational book
- - Distributing bus tokens for job hunting, medical visits and legal assistance
- - Shopping for families in crisis and ex-offenders every Monday
- - Assistance with resume writing and job referrals
- I was hungry and you fed me.
- I was thirsty and you gave me a drink.
- I was a stranger and you invited me into your home.
- I was naked and you gave me clothing.
- I was sick and you cared for me.
- I was in prison and you visited me.
--Matthew 25:35-36 NLT